Adilynn Rae Miller was born at 11:14pm on May 30th. :) 8 lbs 6 oz. (my second smallest) She came (I was induced) 4 days early - but only because I lied to the doctor about dates so that I don't have to go the WHOLE time because my babies are obviously big! (In fact they always measure a week or two ahead of what they really are - so I can get away with it.)
This is my favorite picture :)
This shows her face well.
And this one shows my handsome hubby and all her hair! (most of all my kids!)
Had sweet baby Adilynn late Wednesday night. . . got a text Sunday morning asking if I was going to church 'cause the bishop wanted to meet. Then Bishop offered to come to my home before church instead. :)
He asked me to serve as . . . . . wait for it. . . . RS Secretary. I just LAUGHED when he asked. My husband offered to explain my laughter.
See - when we moved to Arizona I was a Primary teacher for about 8 months
- then Primary sec. for over 3 years
Cub Master for about 8 months (still not sure what they were smoking with that one - um I had 2 daughters and came from 4 sisters NO brothers)
YW Sec. for 8 months (then we moved)
This new ward we moved into -
hubby and I were nursery for 5 months
then I was Humanitarian for 5 months. . .
Now - full circle - secretary again.
I am happy to serve, and for the chance to get to know more people etc. But I am kinda done with the secretary thing - been there done that for about 4 years now :) Funny thing is all I really want to do is teach. My preference - Gospel Doctrine - but I would take ANYThing if I got to teach. I miss it and I love it.
My president has agreed to let me teach a first Sunday lesson a few times - so that makes me happy anyways. :)
Well, I am just super grateful that after only being home for 2 days- and ALL of her siblings coming down with fevers, nasty eye infections and who knows what else - she appears to have dodged the bullet. I think I have some kind of cough thing now. . . apparently throwing your 7 year old her first birthday party with 10 little girls - 2 weeks after you have a baby weakens the immune system - cause I was feeling fine till last night. My hubby keeps trying to remind me that it takes 6 weeks for your body to heal. . .
I feel good - except my throat - and I am TOTALLY playing volleyball on wed. :)



2 comments:
I love you! You're fabulous! You make me laugh, you have a 2 week old, but wait, you are playing volleyball no matter what! haha, glad she is such a good baby and I think she is super cute! Loved the pictures!
I'm laughing that you lie to your doctor about the dates.
Someone must think you make a pretty good secretary. I am worried that since the Jensens just moved, I'll get called back as organist. I'm not ready to leave my primary calling!
Post a Comment