I went to the doctor and had to have some tests run, "pregnancy complications". My doctor wanted to run an extra test for something that can cause preterm labor. I got the needed medicine for the problem I knew I had. Didn't hear from the doctor for 2 weeks. Then out of the blue almost 2 1/2 weeks later I get a phone call that there was "bacteria" that showed up and there was a prescription for me at my pharmacy. (Call was from someone that was NOT my doctor.) We were leaving on a little get away - it was a crazy day so I just followed orders.
Later that week the bill from the lab work came and I decided to figure out what "bacteria" I had contracted. There were two tests run. I knew I had the first problem - it had been solved. So I looked at the name for the second thing that they tested and was SHOCKED. Gonorrhea. I tested positive for gonorrhea. Isn't that like only something that is in Africa I thought? Is that even around any more. I swear I have heard of it - and it seemed kinda bad. I decided I should tell Dustin what I had discovered. So I sat him down. "I may have given you gonorrhea," I said. The look on his face was like "holy crap." I told him my thoughts of africa etc. Then I said, "sorry dude, this pregnancy is rough!" We joked and tried to make light of the situation. Then he brings up that he is pretty sure it is an STD. I am like what? Well they have to start somewhere - I guess it's just started with a messed up prego body like mine.
About 30 - 40 min later I look again and the lab. I knew I tested positive for BOTH things they tested me for. I could believe it was gonorrhea. Then I looked at the date of the lab work. It was from my papsmear! MoNTHS earlier. This was NOT from the things I tested positive for earlier. I had paid the bill, etc so it never even crossed my mind that it wasn't from the most recent lab work I had done! LOL. I researched on the internet and found the bacteria I had most likely gotten. (Cause I looked up what the antibiotic treated .) Regardless, it made for a HUGELY AkWaRD moment for me and my hubby. The look on your poor hubby's face when you honestly tell him you might have given him and STD priceless! Halarious. I am sure that my doc will get a great laugh out of it when I tell her in a week. LOL.
I am STD free. Just incase there were any questions. I should just "eat more yogurt" or not get pregnant. :) LOL.
5 comments:
Wow. Im still wondering why you tested positive for an STD months ago............ hahahaha glad you and Dustin can laugh about it. Yeah and you be sure to eat more yogurt with all them probiotics.
I didn't test positive. The bill just says what they test for, assuming that it was for the most recent tests. . . well, I assumed. And made an STD out of me for 1/2 hour. :) LOL
Oh my gosh!! Makes for a great story now, but I can only imagine the look Dustin was giving you. Too funny!! Now you can always laugh that when you're sick with something, it must be from the Gonorrhea.
OH man, that is good! I knew of a girl a long time ago who was actually named Gonorrhea (spelled different, but pronounced the exact same). Too bad you're not having a girl this time - it would make a lovely name to remember this wonderfully enjoyable time by. ha, ha!
Awesome story! I can only imagine what thoughts were going through his head.
Post a Comment