Dustin came over to the apartment to pick me up for school and asked if I had seen the news. We watched and I was shocked a plane could be that bad of a driver. I believe that as we were watching the news the second tower was hit right before our eyes. There were things I way I hope no one ever has to see. Things that I am glad they don't replay in the footage. I thought of my grandfather's words. (below) Many professors had a moment of silence. Some were tearful. I was more in shock - and very un aware that is was a terrorist act.
My thoughts go to those people who gave their lives to help others - those on the 4th plane and the others that helped people escape or be rescued.
There is a man that moved into my ward recently who lived in Africa. He had to escape because he was a wanted man for trying to fight the gorilla warfare there. He left his wife and kids for 5 years to come here. Recently they have joined him. However, on July 4th his children were frightened by the fireworks and noise - afraid that they were being attacked as they had been in their country in Africa.
I forget that everyone isn't free as we are. My grandfather served in WWII he said that he would go to war ANYDAY to KEEP what he saw off the doorsteps of his children. I am grateful that my children have never had to face that fear. Thankful to live in this free land no matter how messed up the political part is.
I am grateful for the reminders to count my blessings. My thoughts and prayers to any who may have lost someone that day. We all lost some of our innocence and security. May we never forget.
1 comment:
I was so touched by Bro. Mongane's testimony too. His poor kids! They are the sweetest things too.
I don't think any of us will ever forget that day, just as those who lived through Pearl Harbor will never forget.
Post a Comment