Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bumps and Bruises

So the pic on the left is just cute, the pic below shows a nice shiner that Mia got some time ago. Of course I wanted to get some family pictures taken, and she does this. Nice shiner!

T
All be it not a nice pic of me, the battle wound is quite visible in it. This has been over 2 months ago and I am still carrying a little color from this bruise on my leg. This must be how your body reacts when you try to be 20 again. :) My sisters and I went heading down the provo canyon in a couple of innertubes. Ronnie tells me that it is such a relaxing thing, you just float down and get a tan. Infact, she usually just takes her life vests and puts it under her legs, so as to not get a bad tan. Well, i would have died had I been so vain! :) First of all the water was ridiculously FREEZING. Oh yeah, the mountain run off water 1/2 up the utah moutains tends to be that way. My sisters wouldn't really know because they managed to stay in their tubes! So I was ahead of them as usual, and they said, hey, grab a branch (that hung over the waters) and just hold on so we can catch up. Well, there was a lot more snowfall this year, and the river was much higher - thus faster - than normal. I grab branch, water grabs my tube and I flip clean out! I see one of the flip flops I borrowed from my sister floating away - and frankly didn't give a rats butt. (She latter took the cost of those flip flops and deducted it from my Bday gift - nice I know.) I am just trying to get in my tube, then the rapids come. Not that big of rapids I know, but when you throw your body unexpectedly into 38 degree water, it tends to NOT BREATH very well, making getting into a run a way tube very difficult. I don't know when I got this bruise for sure, but it was somewhere between the fall and the retrieval of the tube (not the sandal). Oh yes, this picture doesn't quite do it justice either. See, the part that isn't as colorful in the middle? Well, it was raised up about 1/3 inch. It was as if someone shoved a giant pickle into my leg and left it there for several weeks. (Again I stilll have a little coloring from it 2 months later!)
So we never got a tan cause the @#$$% sun when behind the clouds as soon as we got on our tubes, and came out as we were leaving. Leaving, yes this was the SECOND time I had to encounter the water. There is a certain place that you have to get over to the right of the shore to get out at the place you leave your car. Of course I was once again a head and the current taking me away from the destination. So once again, I was in the (insert your fave adj here.)FREEZING cold water, climbing up this muddy slope. I think I scared some of the people there as they see this HUGE Bruise, on shoe, muddy and a little bloody chick hobbling back to my car. I am sure the owners were thinking... "did she sign the release?"

1 comment:

The McLemore's said...

I loved the story and laughed out loud, hilarious!!!! We went to the salt river and I got caught on a rock and tossed into the water, swam away from my tube my sister some how got a hold of so that I could chase down my stupid $2.50 old navy flip flop, you are much smarter!!!!!