Friday, February 13, 2009

Kaylee's 2 nd Birthday




So she is TWO! :) Her birthday was a wonderful one. :) Busy for mom as usual. But complicated when the poor thing trips and hit her lip on the corner of this dresser type thing. (It was a cheap one with SHARP edges.) Well, she started bleeding EVERYWHERE! And mom panics. I just try to hold her (and this is HORRIBLE as a mother I know - but I am trying not to get her blood on my brand new shirt, and looking for a towel that is not pink, so the blood does not stain, I know I know, I am terrible!) Anyways, I kinda freeze in situations like this, and I did of course, I think unrationally in panic like situations. So luckly Dustin was home, so that he was able to show me how to put pressure on it and stop the bleeding. I felt so bad that she had this giant and deep cut on her lip for her bday pictures AGAIN (Last year it was a black eye for her bday). Anyways, here are a few pictures of her bday. Can't see the lip too well and the close ups didn't turn out sorry Tash - but there is a great action shot of her falling off her new bike! :)




The cut was pretty deep and she kept playing with it with her tounge, opening the wound deeper, so we gave her her pacifier back, to keep the cut shut and let it heal better. Ironically the next day she tripped on a stool in the bathroom, fell on her face and cut her lip again, but this time in a new place and on her pacifier. ;) Seriously the poor thing! :)