Friday, February 13, 2009

Mom's necklace

Just read a friends blog and she told about all the fun things her daughter got them for Christmas at their schools "secret workshop" or whatever you call it when you have parents send their kids with 10-20 bucks to get stuff for the family, all by their self they pick it out. . . you know the one. Anyway, Sparked a memory. I did the shopping for the family thing at school too. I was in 1st or 2nd grade and I remember walking up and down the tables and seeing the prettiest necklace for my mom. But they didn't have any "L's" for Luann (her name) or "M's" for Mom so I remember saying she will understand. it was so pretty all blue jeweled. So I bought her the only letter they had left. a "t" When I gave it to her for Christmas, she had a hard time explaining that she couldn't wear it. . . since mormons don't wear crosses. :) I gave it to my friends mom. :0 So fun!