Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Bloggin, facebook, technology

So let me first say what is up with you people that make me type in some random word when I leave comments on your page? I know, I know, they are to keep "spam" commenters out. How about this. Change your setting so that it is easier for me to share the love, and IF YOU GET some crazy spam, then you can change your settings back. :) I have never had a blog commenting stocker. :) or spammer. :) Give me some love.

Have you ever said something on facebook or blogging or instant messaging what ever - that you wouldn't have said to the person in real life? Seriously I just had 2 instances of a 2 different friends trying to pick fights with me on facebook. I even tried to change the subject to show I was not trying to go "there" and they go right back to it. Seriously, I can honestly say I can't think of a time when I said something on the internet to someone that I wouldn't say to the person. (I mean I am sure that I have said something ABOUT someone ) But what I say to the person on facebook etc I would SOOOO say to their face. Are people just meaner on the internet or what? Or can they not pick up my sarcasim. . . Seriously these are "fights" that I would have NEVER gotten into with the person in real life. Anyways - just curious. . .

Lastly, this leads me to a comment on my friends blog. Maybe it IS because they need a sarcasim font. Maybe then we could behave the same on a keyboard as we would in real life??

Personally, I just assume they get my sarcasim or my love. Maybe I am wrong. :)

How socially retarded do you think our kids will be in the future, because of such technology?

It is a joke at our house because we will drive HOURS like 12 -24 to see my sister and she will just text people - instead of hang out with us. It's almost as if she forgot how to interact. (Ok, it really prob. was mostly because it was her boyfriend she was texting and I refuse to make out with my sister. SEE whole last sentance - UN needed if I had sarcastic font. Actually I would need Very sarcastic and Semi sarcastic (cause it is mostly true) Fonts. ;)

4 comments:

Krista Miller said...

hahahaha...oh thats hilarious....see...because you didn't have the sarcastic font...your friends got mad at you. But i would have to agree...there is no need for a font..if people can't pick up on our clever sarcasm...its gotta be because they are partially retarded. and...lets be honest...we dont need to be friends with people who dont it.

I think its funny. and I get your sarcasm. Keep it coming.

However...i do joke that my cell phone and facebook are ruining my life. What happened to a good old fashioned phone call where you dont know who is on the other end...and if you're not home...people can't reach you...and they actually have to "plan" to see you. SOmetimes I miss the good old days.

Suzi said...

I agree with you about facebook, and I'm on FB. I know what you mean about people sharing too much online/saying things they wouldn't in person. I think people are feeling more detached from reality and basic courtesy as they live more virtual lives.
There is so much more to communication than just words.
I also wonder how our children's lives will be different as a result of this whole other world.
I like your idea for fonts that reflect sarcasm/tone.

p.s. you don't have to type in a code for my blog!

Sara said...

c i thnk b4 i rite. 4real. idk why ppl r so rude. u c my i u know i lie. wut? l8r

tammy said...

I think there does need to be a sarcastic font. For reals.