Thursday, September 10, 2009

The President's speech

So, I have never been one into politics, but this President has his own agenda and is frankly scaring me. There are many things I can go off about. But I will put my focus on two of my most main concerns.

First. To all of my dear girlfriends who don't like politics etc. I was with you. But I greatly fear that if we don't get informed and take a stand NOW. It will be too late. We all know that it has been prophetically told that one day the government will hang by a thread. I do believe that if we don't get informed and take action - that day will be at our door, perhaps sooner than needed.

I was not against Obama at first. I did not support him, but I didn't fear what he would do really as a president as I have with the last election. BUT, I now am very convinced of his sly words and sneaky tactics. My hubby warned me of the lack of patriotism of both he and his wife before the election. . . I am seeing so much of the scary truth.

So my first point is PLEASE get in formed. We need all the busy moms to be working for the future of our children, instead of leaving it to the scary masses - in the Book of Mormon, the city would go to pot when the majority of the people were wayward. I fear that now. We need to find our voice. NO EXCUSES. It is of upmost importance.

My second thing focus is the heath care issues being pushed. Last night in his address, the Pres. was called a Liar when he said that his health care would not kill of the senior citizens. Although they will not be lined up before a firing squad, they will be neglected. It is simple mathematics. If the government owns health care, and grandma needs an expensive surgery that may only prolong her a few years, it is not "money wise" and I promise that it will.

True story about my grand father in law. He lived in Canada - with a gov. run health care system. He was in a "nursing home" and had this growth beginning on his nose. It took FOREVER (6 + months) for him to get into see a doctor. When he did the doctor did nothing. The growth continued to grow until it was about 2 1/2 inches off of his nose in a cone like shape. It happened to drive another senior man in the home crazy. One day the other man just reached up and ripped the thing off. It bled and bled. They tended to the wound. It didn't matter what it was, he was dying anyways. TRUE STORY.

All I know is that I don't want my mother to be treated that way, and I don't want to be treated that way. There is nothing good that can come from a government run healthcare system. It's like having a monopoly on the market. Prices WILL SKYROCKET because you and I will be paying for every sniffle of every person, working or not. You will wait endlessly to get into doctors. And we will have to pray that the good doctors stay here. In Canada most of the good doctors move to the US because they can make more money.

Don't take my word for it. DO YOUR RESEARCH. and let me know what you find.

2 comments:

tammy said...

Amen! You know I was never into politics before. I felt I didn't have time to be informed, didn't even vote because I wasn't informed and never paid attention because I was young and "it really wasn't going to affect me". But lately, I can't stand by. Something is prompting me all the time. I tried to ignore it once and stop posting the political stuff, but then heard a talk in our Sacrament Meeting, and the promptings were so strong that I needed to not just sit by, but needed to keep at it because "Where much is given, much is required". Heavenly Father expects us to fight for our freedoms and rights.

It's amazing the people that tell me they would never know what was going on, if I didn't talk about it on my blog. That makes me think there is a need even more, and that Heavenly Father gave us this technology for a reason. We can reach so many people this way. You know I am too quiet in real life to say anything, and avoid confrontations as much as possible, but thru blogging I can speak out.

Great post.

Genevieve Beck said...

I'm definitely afraid too. Every time the President tries to make a speech to reassure us what a great thing it is, I get more worried. I also feel so frustrated that such a huge issue is going through Congress and I don't get a vote.