Saturday, July 17, 2010

Disneyland

So we went to Disneyland in JANUARY and I am just now getting the pictures scrap blogged so that I can print them. (PATHETIC) I won't bore you with all 50. :) But here a fun few.

Of course we had to wait in line for 45 min (and we got there early) to see 3 princesses. (This was our very first stop.) I have honestly never liked Snow White, I tell my girls (when they are older) that you should never just sit around, clean house and wait for your "Prince to come." Get on with your life already, and be someone or do something. :) Disneyland didn't help the experience. My girls were a little scared of her, but she did NOTHING to really make them feel better. 45 min in line 30 seconds with Snow White.

THANK GOODNESS for Cinderella! (Happens to have been my favorite since childhood. You know BACK when there were no VCR's and you just went to the Theater EVERY SUMMER to see your favorite movie. For me it was Cinderella. :) Anywho - Cinderella was awesome, she asked the girls if they were from "far far away" and did a great job asking them all sorts of questions to warm them up. Not that Kaylee was scared of her - "Cinderel-E" as she calls her - is her favorite. She walked right up to her do give her the pic mat for her to sign - no problem.


Now if you have little girls, and you plan to go to Disney. MAY I RECOMMEND Ariel's Gratto. I am a cheap, super cheap, but this was worth EVERY penny. But don't go thinking like I did - that breakfast would be cheaper than dinner - NO just pay the $25 bucks a plate for DINNER and not breakfast! The food was great. Yes, we about died when we got the bill, but seriously worth it. You sit at a table, and have 5 princesses come to EACH table for pictures and a little minute with each of the girls. SO much better than waiting 45 + min in line for just 3. Let's face it, food is hecka expensive anyways, and this is the ONE time the adults and just sit, have good food in a nice AIR conditioned place. This was my girls favorite part of it.

While they are waiting they get little crowns and stickers to make. . .
Kaylee's awkward smile phase. :) It's in most all of our Disney Pictures. . .


It's like a pop eye smile. It's not her natural smile, but it is the one she gives cameras. Here she is all dressed up like a princess, taking pictures with princess and she looks like popeye!


So funny enough - the kids favorite rides? The Dumbo ride and the merry-go-round. SERIOUSLY? I could have gone to the fair or the mall for that! :) Mia did love a roller coaster that was like Lagoon's Mouse Trap. She laughed her head off. Kaylee laughed her head off driving the cars. She was awful! She would litterally hit the "rail" over and over again - left, right, left - to the point it would throw her almost out of the car and she would be giggling all the while.

We took Mia on her FIRST roller coaster ever, told her it was a "Buzz Lightyear" ride. and took her on Space Mountain. I had forgotten how OLD and how JERKY that ride is! Her little head and neck had no chance! She was a champ though! Didn't cry or anything. (Also really didn't want to ride it again!)



Some Facebook entries of the kiddo's funnies I need to get down, so they will print in my blog book:


Ok ok so MAYBE I take comfort over ANYTHING when I am pregnant. And MAYBE you see a plummer's if you come to my house in the day. And MAYBE my 3 year old kept walking around yesterday pulling up my pants and laughing because I was "showing my bottom". I told her it was the baby. So now she laughs and says the baby is showing my bottom, as she pulls up my pants.


While expressing my "joy" of wiping Kaylee to her, she exclaimed, "Your baby poops in your tummy! Ha ha. That's what babies do!" I am so glad she is wrong!


Me, "Mia, will you wrap up the vacuum cord?" Mia (after a small protest of not knowing how): "Did I use the vacuum?" Silence from me. Mia: "No mom, you used it, so YOU need to wrap it up." .............I hate it when your own words haunt you. She is getting too smart.

3 comments:

tammy said...

Oh how I love Disneyland! We have never done any of the princess things though....wonder why that is? ; )

I think her smile is cute. When my kids give dorky smiles, I tell them to laugh at me instead of smile. Sometimes it helps.

RONNIE said...

I laughed out loud the second I saw Kid Littles POpeye smile. You didn't have to even mentiong it. I saw it right off...like a soar thumb...or a naked streaker.

Crowley Family said...

Cute pictures. Thanks for the advice about Disneyland.