So, I have a new confession :) This new year's resolution was to not buy myself any more clothes because I have enough and want to save. :)
Back in April I confessed that I spent about $30 on 6 new shirts at down east basic. And $30 on a prego bathing suit. And I bought a vicki for the girls. (with a coupon of course)
Here are my new confessions:
I did spend:
6.98 on a maternity dress
7 on some "maternity" shorts
THEN I had a free $10 to spend on kids clothes. Got some shorts for my daughter because she complains about "weggies" so she only likes jersey knit shorts. My mom in law brought me the same thing so I got her 4 pairs of shorts and 2 skirts and paid like $4 total. (Course that is ok, because my goal was NOT about buying my kids clothes just me.)
BUT THEN I followed my MIL to the women's shoe section which I just avoid. (I don't really have a shoe thing - I just avoid the women's sections so I can stick to my goal.
What would you know - I found 3 pairs of shoes I wanted! One was flats for Prego (and after) but I seriously can't wear heals. They are versitile and cute. The other two are for later - but I couldn't pass them up. . . AND I found a swim top. TOTAL: $8 a pair for the shoes and $4.50 for the top. The problem. . . I got home and am feeling guilting cause I don't REALLY need them. I could do with out. BUT the OTHER part of me is they are a STEAL Kristina keep em.
Then I got a $10 off your $20 purchase yesterday - I am thinking of seeing if they have the heels when that is good and buying them then 0 then they are only $5 a pair and I can feel good about that. :)
So it is August. I haven't kept my goal perfectly - but if you take away the maternity clothes. . . then I have really only spent $80 bucks in 8 months! :)
Anyways - just tell me that the shoes aren't cute so I can take them back and get the monkey off my back. :)
The "maternity" flats:
The other two pairs:
3 comments:
I like the first pair the best. And for what you paid for them you might as well keep them. Its going to cost you more in gas and patients to return them anyhow.
I don't think I'll tell you what you want to hear, so I won't say anything. I don't want to be blamed for you feeling guilty. But really, you shouldn't feel guilty for keeping them. Those are great deals!!
Fabulous shoes! i love the first white pair! I think that you have saved your family enough money in the past that you are more than able to spend a little on yourself. i bet if you were to ask your husband if he minds you spending some money on yourself every once in a while, he would say that he wouldn't mind at all! You deserve it. Plus, you are pregnant. You can do what you want :)
Post a Comment