Monday, August 9, 2010

Talin's last wall



no idea why that ended up underlined. . .
Just need a little something in the middle of my clock shelf . . .
So I DO think the colors are a little bright, but at least they pop and are fun. :) The best part is the cost of the wall - $5 for the clock and $1 for the curtain rod ends (that I painted) at good will. The rest - FREE :) cause my mom-in-law gave me a truck load of frames to go through. I just had fun and painted a bunch.

Dustin told me a month ago - that he would like to follow the council by Pres Kimball and have a temple picture in each child's room. I have this one from my wedding. Painted the mat and painted the frame. I think it pops. :) The frame was those nasty old oak things like below:
But the easiest transformed frames are the ones that I kinda dry brushed the light aqua on. Like this UGLY navy blue one that I painted over:

This was the ugliness before :)

There was some nasty black velvet on this one, I hot glued on a little rope and it's one of my favorites on the wall! :)

I put material in a few and like that look, helps to tie in the softer colors of the bedding.

Ok, for reals my favorite favorite is this one:

It was gold and hideous. Oops I did buy this one at good will too - chalk the wall up to $9 total now my bad. Anyways, I tried dong the antiquing in the detail corners etc. Too girly for my boys room? ;)

So of course AFTER I did all this I make a return and find the oval mirror I was looking for all along to put on the wall - and at a price I could have swallowed. BUT now that this one is done - IT IS STAYING :)

3 comments:

tammy said...

Looks great. I love the colors! I like having a pic of the temple in their room too. I have a little one that's laminated with "I'm going there someday" that they gave them in primary (I think) on my boys' bathroom mirror and put different quotes in there underneath it to read as they're brushing their teeth. Good reminders!

Wow, you're getting a lot done. I need to spend less time on this computer and more time getting things accomplished!! But I did buy some paint for my front door today. Black. I never realized your door wasn't painted. They just forgot? I'll see if they left us any of that plum and you can have it if you want. I love them plum, but am ready for a change.

Solana said...

the wall looks great...and so does your baby bump!

RONNIE said...

Looks cute....so you got any leftover paint for me?