Friday, August 20, 2010

My lovely "old man"

I think I know what Dustin will be like at 75 years. Sweet, quiet, soft spoken and ASKING ME THE SAME THING every 7 min! :) he he. It's funny today. When we are both 75 it probably won't be as funny. :)

So, today he had a little preventative care procedure that required a mild anesthesia. I must record it all so we don't forget this fun little day! :)

So I walked back just min after they wheeled him out, he was laying there, kinda snuggling up to the oxygen cord. As the nurse talked to me I could see his eyes opening when he heard my voice, but he would go right back to sleep. After a few minutes he tried to talk to me. I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT HE WAS SAYING. I got up really close cause he was talking so soft, trying to understand - but I couldn't. I just kept laughing - "I am sorry I can't understand you." More laughing.

SIDE NOTE: Seriously, I would have SO MUCH FUN being the nurse with the patients after this! I would be LAUGHING SO HARD! Peps on drugs are hilarious! :)

SIDE SIDE NOTE: I would be quickly fired, because I am sure that the patient's family wouldn't appreciate my laughter.

I saw a little into the window of peps on drugs. It was all me and I. I don't think Dustin had much of the ability to think beyond his own issues. Much like druggies. Interesting insight I thought.

All of Dustin's questions revolved around what his brain COULDN'T remember. I found it very interesting. It was as if all his brain could do was to try to "reconstruct" the missed events of the day. These were the things he asked me at least 15 times. How long was he out, how long did it take, what kind of anesthesia did they give him. . .

So now for the funny stuff.

Dustin at one point said "he wouldn't mind being a little taller" (I like his height, he could even loose a few inches and I would be ok with that.:)

He told me it was a good thing that he wasn't driving because the construction cones looked like kids to him. Later he told me that he looked down at his arm and thought it was Mia's leg. 10 min later he told me that he knew his seatbelt was over there on the wall of the car - but it looked like a kid to him. (I laughed and asked him why he was seeing so many kids - he had no clue what I was talking about.)

I wonder if the above had to do with the questions I asked him shortly after surgery. He told me it wouldn't be a "truth serum" but I used it like it would be. :)

I asked him how many kids he really wanted to have. (He always evades this question - prob. because he knows I want at least 6.) He mummbled and told me, "8 would be too crazy, and hectic. If I had to, I know I could of course, but that seems a little crazy and much to me."

Me: "Ok, but you never really answered the question as to how many kids you want to have."

Dustin: "You asked me that?" (Of course I am rolling in laughter.)

Dustin: "Well, I don't know. . . . I think I could commit to five right now, because 5 doesn't scare me." "But I still don't know about adopting kids yet. . . "

(I want to adopt. He is a little apprehensive.)

I asked him if he still wanted to be married to me, and if he liked it. He answered yes, and that he wouldn't have it any other way. That was good! :)

While still at the doctors he talked a lot about his PT patients and some other medical mumbo jumbo. The funniest was when he told us that when he is stretching old people's legs and hips they often fart on him. :)

FUNNY THING is that he STILL was telling me how to get around since I wasn't too familiar with the roads around there. I missed a turn and he was just like, oh go up to Chandler. I was like he's crazy - there's no chandler. THERE IS :) HE WAS RIGHT. Yet - he doesn't even remember the that part of the drive. :)

I love my man - and I am glad that all was good. No worries about his health. He's in tip top shape and he still loves me! :)

3 comments:

Sunny Biggs said...

That is great that he is healthy! Thanks for sharing his experience...that is hilarious!

Crowley Family said...

That's good he's healthy. That is hilarious!! He he, love it!

tammy said...

So funny. I remember laughing at patients sometimes just from the laughing gas when I was a dental assistant. I'm pretty sure if I was a nurse I'd want to blog all the funny things.