First of all, if you weren't at an enrichment a year ago - I got a whole 5 min to present something I had spent FOREVER and a DAY preparing - (Yes I am still bitter) Did I mention that I cut OVER 5000 pieces of paper for it? It was about cheap dates. I did this HUGE list of "easy to plan dates" "takes some planning" and "I put some thought into this one honey" dates.
But my FAVORITE was the "game" I made. I had this whole idea of a couple playing it and having a ball - BUT have found that the best use of it is to stick the little bag of question cards in my date car glove box - and pull it out when the conversation is "lacking." It is fun cause it asks all sorts of random questions of you and your hubby. You are supposed to guess the answer of each other and then see if you know your hubby well. (There are some more "involved" rules if you desire) Anyways, I put it on idea door and have had a few people ask for it. One is featuring it on her blog in March (I feel proud!)
And she has a give away I am going to go ahead and enter so I am giving her blog a shout out here to her blog http://www.keepinthecastle.blogspot.com/ and also to the blog I must mention for the giveaway : http://little-inspirations.blogspot.com/ They both have some GREAT things - but I super love the valentines and even "super bowl" ideas on the last mentioned. CHECK IT OUT! (Someone needs to teach me how to do the cool link thing. . . )
Here is a sample picture of some cute stuff on the site: LOVE LOVE The use of candy canes!
And I really want to do this lamp she posted.
Anyways, so if you would like a heap of date ideas or you would like the other game mentioned - you could use it for valentines day . . . you may send your requests. I will email it to you. :)
OK LASTLY, while looking at the keepinginthecastle site I saw this picture and craft:
And my brain got thinking of this checker board (ok it was chess) but it was done with black squares and then small black and white pictures for the "white spots" it of course was all fancy and had glass top etc. But I thought - HEY I could combine these ideas and have my pictures modge podged on a board like this! How easy! Better yet, I could even Hang it on a wall if I liked it enough when done - and we just get it down to play :) (I don't have a coffee table or many table space at all really so I would have to :)
Anyways, thought that was a fun idea. If anyone thinks it is a fun enough project and would like to do it with me - email me and we will set up a craft night. :) It would be fun. :) (For my far, far away bloggers - if you would like more specific instructions let me know) ;)




3 comments:
I made myself a note on the calendar for next December to make sure I buy some little candy canes so I can makes those. So cute.
And yay for you, you're like famous now!
I'm always up for a craft night no matter what it is! Just let me know! Oh and I would love if you sent me all those date ideas and such that you mentioned. I think you might know my email address :) Thanks for your help with potty training too. it's going better! I stopped the whole 20 min thing and am just letting him tell me when he needs to go (with some help of course). that kid can hold it for like 3 hours! Amazing I tell you! :)
Hey, Thanks for the shout out! I know, don't you just love the way that lamp shade looks??! Great idea to use no bake cookies for those footballs. I'm totally going to copy it. Thanks for stopping by!
Post a Comment