Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Talin is Born!

So I had a friend (Karen) approach me about taking birthing pictures. I guess there is a thing called birthing photography now. Anyways, she wanted to do it for me. So me being the cheap thing that I am, of course jumped at the chance to get free photos! :) Ok, I didn't jump, I had to look into it first and see what it was. And although I love Karen to death now - and we have grown MUCH closer! :) But I had only really talked with her like 4 times before this. ;) A friend of a friend. Anyways, there are some pictures I look like a WHALE! and maybe I should have dressed in a cuter night gown or something - but hey, putin' on a little make up for the photos was more than I have done for ANY birth - so . . . :)
Labor: My body doesn't go into labor on it's own. In fact I wasn't even barely a "1" and there was NO effacement happening when I checked into the hospital.

With some medications they got the labor process "jump started" but at only 50 % effaced and contractions every 2 -3 min they were ready to send me home. (I am thinking, isn't this when people COME to the hospital? How will I know when to come back?)

Luckily my doc had mercy on my soul and came in to break my water. I was certain I would have him 90 min later (like with Kaylee). But since I wasn't given pitocin - I was wrong. AFTER breaking my water I was still "walking around the hospital" etc for 4 more hours!

Finally I begged for Pitocin and he finally came an hour or so later.

I DID NOT have an epidural. I DID have 1 mg of some IV pain killer. The nurses said the dose was so low, they wondered if it even did anything. :) It did for about an hour - made me sleepy and dizy and happy. :) In between the contractions that is. :) Of course there was hardly a trace of it once it was REALLY needed .
After holding back 8 - 10 "NEED TO PUSH CONTRACTIONS" (that is SuPeR hard to do!) I pushed for 15 min. Grunted a lot and let out one scream of frustration because I felt like I was pushing wrong, and every 3 pushes I would throw up a little in my mouth. Made my throat soooo sore!

I really can't complain! Considering he was "only" 8 lbs 10 oz and not the 9 lb 4 oz the ultra sound said! Thank goodness. (he is 9 lbs even today though!)
The recovery has been wonderful. I am thinking about volleyball next week! :)
Isn't it fun to have pictures of the whole process!? I might even PAY for it for my next kid :)
'Cause I know I wouldn't think to take such cute pictures like these:
And I am WAY too out of it to take pictures of the two most Handsome men in the world!
So, I think that Birthing Photography ROCKS! And so does Karen! :)


BABY RANDOMS

I am sitting down to feed Talin for the first time in front of the girls.

Mia : "Mom, what are you doing with Talin"

Me - thinking oh boy I get to explain this one. . . :) I explain I am a cow now. :) jk in way sweeter words i basically did though :)

Kaylee: "Mom! Talin is eating you!" (then she looks at herself seeing if Talin can eat her too.)

Mia asked how the doctor put my stomach back together after Talin came out. I explained that God made our bodies to make it fix pretty good. Then she asked why it was still so big. I tried to convince her that it was smaller than just days before - she wasn't convinced. I tried to suck in. Now I am not convinced! :)

6 comments:

Candace said...

Yay!! Congratulations! So glad you have a precious baby - and a boy at that! Glad to hear everything went well and I hope you are enjoying him. Beautiful pictures - what a great idea. This last time a friend of mine took maternity photos (which was a little awkward, but now I'm glad I got them) but I love the birthing photos because we are always too busy to do that... Congrats again! Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kristina, what an amazing story you have through the pictures, that is such an awesome idea, so precious the pictures she took of the newborn baby Talin.. Congratulations, enjoy your sweet family!
Wendy Haustein (horn)

RyanandSheree said...

Congrats on your little boy! I'm hoping that my next (and last!) is a girl. So glad that you have this fun blog to catch up on what is happening. Love all the stuff you have sewn as well...you are so talented and amazing!

tammy said...

Love the pictures! Wow, how awesome to have those. I wish I had something like that from my boys.

jasonandjannafamily said...

congrat.. I love the pictures they turn out really good. He is so cute congrats again.

RONNIE said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE PICTures!! I especially love the one with you havin a contraction...no sarcassm included. It was cool to see the whole thing, you Dustin etc.