Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My sisters?


First of all I have over 100 posts now! ;)

My sister's love torturing my kids. . . some of the torture I don't find out about until MONTHS after . . .

Here are some to name a few:

IN A SPAN OF A 2 DAY VISIT
My sisters had my (at the time) 18 month old and 3 year old have an eating contest. The rules, see who could stuff "their" niece with the most bread until one choked or barfed.

I think the 18 month old one . . .

They took a whole day of throwing the poor skinny little 18 month kid back and forth across the bed, both enjoying her terrified reaction and eventually making her sick.

They kept jumping out from corners scaring both of them - FOR HOURS people.

They tried tying their night gowns bottom or PJ's feet together so they couldn't walk.

I think they might have even tied the two kids together at one point.

These are the things I know of. . .

WHEN TASHA came to visit it would be like having a super old sister with Mia - she would literally PICK fights with the 3 year old. They would nag and nag. I wanted to kill her.

Tasha at least always comes bearing gifts. Fearing that Tasha would become the favorite aunt because of the new stuffed kitty cat, Ronnie quickly comments that the kitty cats hair was too long and it needed a hair cut. She got out the scissors for them. This happened more than once and yes she did cut the stinkin' cat's hair. My sis has video of it on her blog she is so proud.

They like my 18 year old sister because she has a "princess room" literally ALL disney princesses. Bedding and everything. They even get "princess cinderella waffles" thanks to her cinderella waffle iron.

SOMETIMES they do more fun and CONSTRUCTIVE things with them. Ronnie helped Mia make a zip line for her barbie dolls after she saw Mia using the handrail as a slide.

RONNIE is an addict though. So I have to really be careful leaving the kids with her. She is addicted to tripping people, especially harmless little kids. NO LIE people. In fact, I am sure she is reading this, giggling with delight because she is just thinking of her next high.

Just a month ago Ronnie was visiting me. I was laying on the floor. 2 3/4 months pregnant and she was like "Oh crap!" "What?" I asked. "I was totally just going to walk over you, by stepping on your stomach!"

Ronnie was serving a mission when she found out I was pregnant for the first time (years ago). I got a letter from her with me drawn HUGE and fat and skinny little Dustin with little drawings and warnings -"watch out Dustin, she might eat you too!" And a threat something like this:

"Don't you think that you can take my place as dad's favorite just because you bear him his first grandchild. And you better hope it's not a boy! (He has all girls, *5.) I hope your ankles swell up like marshmallows in the microwave. . . " It went on. . .

I received it in the mail 1 day after I lost that pregnancy at 14 weeks. My mom tried to convince me to write back a letter about how much it "hurt" me because she might actually feel guilty.
(She has never felt guilty about laying a kid, roommate or other victim flat with her swift trip.)

Do you see the torture I endure?

All I can say is that I really do love my family. They are pretty out there - but that is what makes us interesting I would say! Just ask my hubby, out of the 5 girls, I am the MELLOW one.


I remember coming home from my mission and they were all into WWF smack down. My 9 & 11 year old sister had posters of them on their walls - men in speedos and boots! They memorized their speeches, tried crushing pop cans on their for heads and had wrestling matches ALL the time. . .

I really am the mellow one.





3 comments:

RONNIE said...

ya... I can claim the inventor of all those except the throwin the kid from bed to bed. That could have been me...it is vague. ANyhow, I gotta entertain myself somehow. Just wait till your girls are sixteen and I tell them not to listen to their mom and that I totally understand where they are coming from. LOL. This is just the beginning. moo ha ha

tammy said...

I think your family scares me.

Mama's Makin's said...

yes dear. I once had a boy stand up in the middle of a group of us exchanging stories and the guy points his finger at me and says, "THAT's why I could never date you! Your family is too weird!"

There was an awkward silence. (Honestly I wanted to bust up laughing cause I never would WANT to date him so THANK YOU familY :)