
Before I repent - I have to tell you my latest. I don't like cooking. I just don't. But I am a cheapy and HATE spending money - esp. 20 - 30 bucks on the family eating out. I started this a month ago and it has almost made cooking "fun". We sat down at a yummy home cooked meal - and I looked around and said "Hey honey, not bad for $4.50 to feed the whole family!" He nodded - just happy there was a warm meal when he got home. (I have been sickly pregnant the last few months and the sight of chicken made me sick.)
So now it is a fun game. :) Every night I announce what the meal cost. You know what? It is always under $10. NOW THAT is money saving. And since I love great deals - it's my new "bargain high" to replace my shopping for deals. . . now to confess. . .
When I found out I was prego I knew I would have to buy a FEW things, because I haven't been pregnant through a NASTY 120 degree summer. (I will be hating life in a few months!) Anyways, so I bought my self a new bra to hold the new girls up. (Had $10 off that & another $10 for free lotion again. :)
Then I made the Mistake? of walking into Down East basic and finding a few cute shirts and tanks that were marked down to $5. That's ok isn't it? I mean those are like basic essentials for a wardrobe! :) And some even had laced bottoms! :) My first blunder. ( I don't think the bra counted. I only had 1 for these new girls "visitors" if you will.)
And, there was one more. But this was planned. I bought a maternity swim suit. I am already popping out and can feel restriction in my real swim suits (amazing what 8 lbs all in your gut will do.) That was $30 bucks, I almost puked. I have only payed that ONCE for a swim suit.
Anyways, I don't count that either because it will be the only sanity for my 120 degree summer. I pretty much hope to swim 5 days a week. "Swim" being very operative.
So I am confessing, I did spend $30 bucks at Down East. I feel bad because it did go against my goal - but for 6 shirts it was also a pretty good deal. . . My sis gave me $20 for my birthday - can I just justify $10 of it? I do plan to POSSIBLY buy ONE pair of maternity pants if needed - but I am really leaning to wearing summer dresses all pregnancy. I don't PLAN to buy any more of those HOWEVER - IF I can't fit into them by month 7 or 8, I can get myself 2. RIGHT?
So with the exception of POSSIBLY a new fatty patty summer dress or two IF NEEDED - I am renewing my goal to buy no more new clothes. I must say that it has been liberating the past 3 months to buy NOTHING and know that I am doing good.

3 comments:
Holy crap! Stuff is on sale at Down East for $5!!!! I need to go to the mall, lol! your pregnant, you have to buy new clothes..... just make sure they are on sale, which it sounds like thats what you are doing :)
Those are fabulous deals and totally justified. I have justified spending money lately because my clothes are getting too big. I have to have clothes that aren't falling off, right? Especially while walking down from the organ each Sunday. So that's my excuse. $30 for a swimsuit is a good deal! I have to have ones that lift the girls and keep them in place, plus nip and tuck the rest of me so I always spend a fortune on suits.
I was going to tell you to repent and hand over your new clothes to me...but since they are maternity I will let you keep them. And since i did give you the birthday money I suppose it would be wrong for me to take them. But I am glad that you finally used the money for something so I feel like I actually got you something for your b day.
Post a Comment