One morning I came out of the shower (Mia was at preschool or that little mommy would have never allowed it!) to see this:
Her little face covered in chocolate. (This is a bit after I am sure some rubbed off on her shirt, some toys and the couch. . . )
So I asked her what she was eating. She replies "Chocolate!" I was certain she had eaten some special peanut butter dove I was given. So I scolded her for eating mom's chocolate.
We soon left to pick up Mia, and upon walking into the kitchen, we discovered what she had REALLY eaten! The ENTIRE ADVENT CALENDAR! And it wasn't like it was just a few days before Christmas. We were 12 DAYS OUT!
Mia began the scolding, "Kaylee you are not 'possed to eat all of the chocolate! Bad Kaylee! Bad Kaylee!"
"I not Bad Kaywee," She protested, in a sweet, almost convincing innocent voice.
"Bad Kaylee! We were supposed to eat 1 at a time, together and share! Bad Kaylee. Now Santa isn't going to take away your presents."
"I not bad Kaywee," she repeated with the same calmness and austerity in her voice.
For some this is a repeat, but I need to "journal" it. :) I do print these out for our blog journal. :)
Mia came in one morning and snuggled up to me in bed. (Much nicer than being woke up by an alarm!) (Although I normally hear, "Mom, I am hungry" or "Mom, the sun's up!" - to which I mutter "ok, ok give me two min. ) For those of you judging me (Tammy) I only have 6 more months to do this before I have to get a kid up for school - so like ice cream every night in HS I will enjoy it while I can. Besides, I am often up for an hour or two early in the morning and then catch a quick "snooze" at 7 am - 7:30/8ish. :)
So anyways . . . Mia has been "Mary" for the past weeks. (Nice break from the princesses or Dora) She came in and put a baby doll in bed with us. I said, "what is this?" she smiled and said, "Mary's baby." Kaylee came in to join us and we played a wrestled for a while.
Then Kaylee got this mischievous look and grabed Mia's baby Jesus and bolted for the door.
"Hey, SWiPER NO SWiPe ING!" I called after her.
She looked at me puzzeled, "I not Swiper!" . . a pause. . . "I osif!"
Now I am puzzeled, then Mia translated for me "She is Joseph"
How cute is that? I guess Joseph is allowed to "swipe".
1 comment:
I would never judge you. I would however not stop at the chance to tease you.
Poor Kaylee...just can't resist the temptation of chocolate. Can't blame her a bit!
Post a Comment