Monday, December 14, 2009

Do you know what your kids are reading in school?

PLEASE TAKE action. If you are concerned about what our children are being asked to learn and read - and you don't want them reading books about prostitution, incest, and sex in bathrooms etc - YOU NEED to click on the link below and then DO SOMETHING. IS THIS A LIST that is on your kids reading list? It is a national organization so it might be.

I went to three of the big companies sited that fund this program and stated my outrage and asked them to pull their funding. If enough of us do this - maybe they will listen and this can be put to an end. The companies sited were, KPMG, Pepsi and Eastman Kodak.

I will include a sample of what I wrote below if you would like an idea. I am NOT great writer - just trying to help.

PLEASE take some time to get educated. Seriously, many passages from the books recommended COULDN'T EVEN BE SAID ON TV, so there is NO WAY MY CHILD should be READing IT!

I will look into ways to contact others - I am still learning about this stuff! :) If you would like more info when I find it, shoot me an email. Thanks!

via Gateway Pundit by Jim Hoft on 12/9/09

MY LETTER I USED

I have recently learned of the GLSEN reading list, suggested for our children by Kevin Jennings and others. I have also learned that Kodak is a long time Sponsor of this GLSEN. Although it may have had good intentions at one time - the GLSEN program needs to be DEFUNDED. Please withdraw your funding and find a good cause for your sponsorship. Please look into the matter as a company and make the right decision. The 7 -12 grade reading list has very sexual material in it. Promoting things such as incest, promiscuousness, prostitution and THINGS SO bad that they can not even be said on TV. If it CAN'T be said on TV, IT SHOULD NOT BE SUGGESTED TO CHILDREN TO READ - especially by a national organization such as GLSEN. If I do not learn that Kodak looks into the matter and withdraws funding, I will be left to assume that such ideas are supported by the Kodak company. As a mother, I will of course, make sure that my friends and neighbors are aware. Thank you for your time. I do trust that Kodak is a family company and that it holds our kids in the highest regard - and will do the best thing. Thank you
--
Kristina


3 comments:

Mama's Makin's said...

Thanks Tammy for sending this to me. SERIOUSLY, I have to go LOOK up one of the words used, cause I don't even know what it is! I don't want my kids doing that! I mean I don't want them to know what it means either! :) But I don't want it on a test for sure!

Arnett's said...

So so not right. Thanks for sharing.

tammy said...

You're welcome. Here's a list of a few more sponsers:

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/12/09/whos-funding-glsen-pt-2-corporate-phonee-mail-contact-list/