
A friends blog reminded me of this fun story, but it was more than a year ago. :) We were in the van and Mia kept asking "Mom, I want My jila!" I am like your what? She kept repeating herself again and again. ;) (UNLIKE KAYLEE WHO WILL REPEAT HERSELF 10 TIMES AND NEVER GET MAD - SERIOUSLY) Mia got more angry with me each time. After about 8 tries of trying to figure out what she wanted, I gave up. She kept mumbling/yelling in the back, I tried to ignore her. Then I looked at the only thing I hadn't asked her about, and held up her back pack. "YEAH! MY JILA! MY JILA!" Although I was happy to figure out the drama, I was angry that she stinkin' hadn't just said BACKPACK because she knew that word. Come to find out she had been watching DORA, and they teach her spanish. So I had to sit down and watch a few episodes with her so I could avoid any future problems. (IT WAS TORTURE! ) Stinking educational shows teaching the kids things that their parents don't know. Sick and WRONG I am telling you - SICk and Wrong! (Oh, yes Muchila is backpack in spanish. hence MY JILA?)
3 comments:
Oh my goodness.. I am seriously laughing out loud! That is too funny. Those kids are like sponges I tell ya. When we went down to Mexico, Ethan was repeating everything those little Mexican kids were saying so I sometimes have to deal with the "wait.. what language is he speaking" too. Maybe next time Im around, I can translate what Mia is saying for you :)
my neices do the same thing, where like "what the heck do you want, speak english, not DORA!!!!" lol!
I cannot stop laughing thanks for posting that!!
Post a Comment