Monday, October 12, 2009

Shopping Diet

I tried a new diet today. I call it the shopping diet.

This super mean friend of mine (if I call her that anymore) let me know that there was such thing as a pumkin spice kiss? and candy corn kisses? I didn't even know they existed. But, while at walmart for a small errand, I crossed by them. I picked up a back of carmel apple kisses (i think it was) and felt joy. I actually got a small high from the thought of trying
one. Then by the next isle I came to my senses, picked up a different flavor, then put them all back. (I am embarrassed to admit that I have Halloween candy in my freezer from 2 years ago. It is part of my "year supply" I would hate to go with out - and don't worry I won't give it out to your kids this year. :)

Anywho I think that I should try this "shopping diet" more often. I got the joy of finding a great thing, then by putting it back, I got a high of "choosing the right" ;) or exercising self control. I might exercise it a lot more :) Just put random things in my cart and then put them back to make myself feel like I have SUCH control.

Of course
, various clearance items did make it into my cart. :) I love having my Christmas shopping done by Oct. With out fail. :)
I should probably write a book about "The Shopping Diet". Oh yeah. I have a great Idea for a reality series too. "Wife Whisper" I teach women how to budget. :) But since right now I am a mommy, it
will take time to get those things going. . . Just incase you get any ideas, I have sent my attorney $ to secure a patient. ;)

4 comments:

Mama's Makin's said...

yes tammy it was YOU!

Westensee Family said...

you get a high from putting the food back .... however.....

cookie dough... you ate how many boxes of that BY YOURSELF....


and clothes, will you ever get a high from putting clothes back on the rack, instead of the rack inside your closet.

ask to see dustins part of the closet, you will have to dig for miles and miles, and you will find a small box, with his clothes...

Arnett's said...

I called my lawer and he found a loop hole, my book will be published in 3 months. Sorry to steal your idea, it was just too good to pass up.

tammy said...

I don't know what you're talking about. I always exercise great control when it comes to buying Halloween candy and would never post about such a thing on my blog.

(Caramel apple?? How did I miss that flavor?)